Saturday, November 16, 2013

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

Hey guys,

So you're probably wondering why I never posted last Tuesday or Saturday. Besides having a lot going on, I have decided that from now on I'll only be posting on Saturdays, but combining what I would have written in Tuesday's post with Saturday's. Hey, don't yell at me! I'm still undergoing the experimenting process of having a blog, okay?

SO, updates! I've been working on the book a little every day, and the pages are stacking up! Well, it's on Word so...okay, you know what? Just think about it figuratively.

Also, lately I've been consulting with a self-publishing company and they've made a great deal with me if I want to publish in paperback, but I'm keeping my options open. I'll probably send a manuscript to a few companies before I decided to self-publish. Or maybe I won't, because I am a STRONG, INDEPENDENT WOMAN WHO DON'T NEED NO PUBLISHER. Also I'm kind of in a hurry to just get it out there, and it's so competitive trying to publish a freaking book nowadays.

Um, you do know that the self-publishing company is still a publishing company, right?

Shhhh, brain. Shhhh.

So, what's been going on in your everyday life?

Well, not much besides that I'm getting more involved in theatre and might be starting ballet next week. Jeez, I went from doing martial arts to being a pansy. Just kidding, I think theatre and ballet are both wonderful arts that deserve a lot more respect than they already receive, which is why I'm getting involved in them! Also, I've been having boy probs, but that's pretty much been the same since the day I started high school. Ugh. Why do I even try?

I feel like there's one thing left to do...ah, yes! Why not treat you all to an excerpt? Here you go:

"Roland soon appeared, then Nefara, then Winter, Melody, Rowen, and a few new recruits after them. A twig popped under a careless foot, to which I quietly shushed them and proceeded to move on. But our progress was soon halted.
'Who are you?'
I stopped, stunned we had been sighted. Roland quickly spoke up.
'We are not your enemies.'"

What are you, then? Guess you'll have to find out sometime in the unknown future...mwahahaha.

Until Next Saturday,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment