Monday, November 25, 2013

Man, You are Bad at Deadlines

Hey guys!

Shhh, title of this post. I know. But I'm not even going to excuse myself this time because I just had a weekend of hell, excuse my language (oh c'mon Elizabeth, you could have made time for your blog! Shhh.). Although you'll be seeing a lot more of that in my book.

My book! Right! You may be wondering what's been all up and happenin' with it the past week. Well, I'm almost finished with my second draft, so I plan on shooting that to my editor soon and getting some feedback to share with ya'll! I think it's significantly improving the more time I spend on it--I've come up with a lot of new ideas to make the story more interesting. Not that it wasn't already. ;)

So, with another post comes another excerpt! Here is this week's (or last week's, for that matter):


"He smiled, a sad smile, and looked away again. By now I was standing beside him. I touched his arm lightly.
'Hey.' I said.
'Hey,' he said back, softly.
I turned him around and he looked into my eyes, and I looked into his, and we were getting closer and closer when suddenly—"

And that's it! Ohhhh, the suspense. I guess you'll have to find out what happens when it comes out!



Be looking forward to that, and as always (or when I make time for it because I'm irresponsible) see you next Saturday!

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Great excerpt! That she lightly touches his arm gives us a sense of how she feels toward him & we wondering...are they going to kiss??? But no, because something "suddenly" happens. But what??

    ReplyDelete