Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Little Story

Hola Mis Amigos,

That's right, I took a couple years of Spanish. But enough of that. Because there is still not much to update ya'll on, I have a story for you. Remember how I said I might share a personal story once in awhile? Well, I'm sharing one now.

A long time ago, in second grade, I existed. I know, shocker. One day we were learning how to draw zebras, but because I was artistically acute I finished mine within minutes, flipped over the paper and began drawing a princess. I could care less about that darn zebra. My teacher, after finishing her explanation on how to draw a zebra with an example to follow, began checking everyone's paper to see what they were doing. By the time she had reached me, I was almost done with my princess and just adding the final touches.

"Why aren't you drawing a zebra, Elizabeth?" she asked very kindly.

Without even sparing her a glance, I replied coolly, "I don't do zebras."

Which made no sense because I had in fact earlier drawn mine, but it's what I said anyway. That night was parent orientation, and as soon as my parents came out of class they gave me very stern looks and a lecture later. Apparently, she had told everyone the story of how a child in her class had blatantly told her that she didn't do zebras, thus totally disrespecting the fact that she was the authority figure and I was some kid in her class. To this day, my parents still tell this story to everyone they meet. They don't forget to add that I haven't changed a bit.

Hope you enjoyed a little chapter from my life, and I'm looking forward to seeing you Saturday, hopefully with an update on the book!

Love From,
Elizabeth

1 comment: